What We Do
In accordance with Article 20 of the Law of the Republic of Belarus "On physical culture and sport" the National Anti-Doping Agency is a state non-profit organization established for the prevention of doping in sport and conduction of doping control. The organization is recognized by the World Anti-Doping Agency and in accordance with WADA requirements carries out the functions of a national anti-doping organization.
The main tasks of the National Anti-Doping Agency in conformity with the Charter are:
- implementation of an anti-doping program in the field of physical culture and sport in the Republic of Belarus;
- doping control (targeting of athletes for doping control, sample collection, sample storage, transportation for analysis, results management);
- development and implementation of the doping control test result management procedure; prevention of use of prohibited substances and methods included in the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Prohibited List;
- development and implementation of informational and educational materials on prevention of substances and methods included in the WADA Prohibited List, in the organizations of physical culture and sports of the Republic of Belarus regardless of their organizational and legal status and forms of ownership;
- coordination of doping-prevention activities among organizations of physical culture and sport;
- professional development of doping control officers and chaperons;
- monitoring of doping-prevention effectiveness in sport in the Republic of Belarus;
- interaction with WADA, national anti-doping organizations and other governments, the International Olympic Committee, International Federations and other organizations in the field of doping prevention in sport;
- collaboration with international and national anti-doping organizations other countries in the fields of athlete testing, research and development of informational and educational programs within the framework of prevention of doping in sport.
The National Anti-Doping Agency develops and organizes the work of the Disciplinary Commission and the TUE Commission.